Maintaining and re-establishing the skin’s biomechanical properties
Overall and comprehensive action: Optimizing the quality and resistance of the epidermis, balancing melanin synthesis
Mature skin, particularly in those over 60 years old (hormonal changes) are characterized by:
- A state of dehydration and low resistance due to a thinner epidermis
- Overall tissue collapse
- Reduced regenerative capacity
- Lack of skin uniformity and age spots
- And lastly deep wrinkles
The aim is thus to protect the skin preventively from the events responsible for the appearance of these symptoms, and also repair and regenerate mature skin to improve its appearance and make the complexion more uniform.
How it works
EXSYMOL identified the dermal-epidermal junction (DEJ) as being key in premature aging treatment. Its degradation (structure, organization and function) plays an important role in the appearance of signs of aging.
The DEJ is both a structural component and the regulator of many metabolic pathways. Changes in the DEJ when aging have several consequences:
- “Biomechanical” changes: the DEJ, also called the “basal lamina” of the epidermis, forms the skin’s foundations and the connection between the epidermis and the dermis. This helps with skin cohesion, and enables it to resist the constant deformation to which it is subject.
- “Metabolic disruptions”: the DEJ is also a barrier which regulates exchanges between cutaneous compartments. It thus controls functions as diverse as hydrating the epidermis and its growth, some defense systems (stimulation of keratinocytes, melanin synthesis), healing, etc.).
SIRHAMNOSE is a unique active ingredient which both reconstitutes the DEJ and reorganizes it. This has the consequence of:
- Strengthening the various points where the epidermis and the dermis are attached to the junction (“biomechanical” benefit)
- Limiting the metabolic disruption associated with excessive permeability of the DEJ to some biological mediators
SIRHAMNOSE (INCI name: SILANETRIOL (and) RHAMNOSE) is a SILANOL specialized in the complexion and combating sagging (anti-blemish and biomechanical). It has a core of organic silicon which potentializes the rhamnose with which it has been combined.
Organic silicon restructures skin and balances its metabolisms.
Rhamnose potentialized in this way restores the DEJ and re-establishes the skin’s biomechanical properties (elasticity, suppleness).
- Uniform complexion
- Combating age spots
- Optimizing the healing process
Normalizing the epidermis
- Optimizing the quality of the barrier function
- Normalizing the dermis
- Stimulation of fibroblasts
- Collagen synthesis
- Normalizing (regeneration and restructuring) the structure of the dermal-epidermal junction
- Optimizing biomechanical properties
- Optimizing cellu communication
- Protecting and repairing damage due to various stresses (e.g.: UVs)
Our added value
- Active ingredient for different ranges – multifunctional active ingredient: anti-aging, dermocosmetics
- Skin care responding to skin’s needs
- Response particularly suitable for the needs of mature skin
- Functional repair and skin restoration: rejuvenation and regeneration
- Preventing the appearance of the first signs of aging
- Easy to formulate
THE EXPERT’S OPINION
SIRHAMNOSE is a multi-functional anti-aging active ingredient because it first meets the skin’s needs
SIRHAMNOSE doesn’t seek to meet only one of your skin’s needs, but many of them! It can thus handle any situation.
The combination of the organic silicon core and rhamnose makes SIRHAMNOSE a multi-functional active ingredient with a priority target, the dermal-epidermal junction. Tested (in vitro and in vivo) and approved worldwide, it is suitable for all types of cosmetic products: cosmetics, dermocosmetics.
Visualization of the restructuring effect of the dermal-epidermal junction assisted by the latest technology: “AFM”
Atomic force microscopy (AFM) is one of the only techniques which enables the DEJ to be visualized. Its level of definition is unsurpassed: we can see here the relief of the DEJ. AFM shows that with age, the DEJ becomes thinner and contracts.
SIRHAMNOSE can restore the topography of the DEJ, reorganizing its components. This enables the skin’s biomechanical properties to be re-established, the visible benefits of which have been proven during clinical trials.
Identification of a complex mechanism behind age spots: the tattoo effect
The dermal-epidermal junction plays a major role in the skin’s adaptive response to stress. It is involved in melanin production and stimulating keratinocytes in response to UV exposure.
The older junction is no longer able to regulate the adaptive response. We then see overactivation of melanin production, combined with physical porosity of the junction, which explains the tattoo effect and the appearance of age spots.