OBJECTIVE : RESYNC YOUR SKIN WITH YOUR LIFESTYLE
Jet lag, fatigue and/or stress may affect the skin’s biorythme which is responsible for regulating the expression of different genes known as circadian.
Lifestyle affects the expression of circadian genes
Many factors may affect the expression of circadian genes. Aging, season change with light deprivation, stress, fatigue, insomnia and jet lag are all responsible for desynchronizing the skin’s biorythmes.
An altered biorythme may cause premature aging because the physiological activity of skin cells is not adapted to the environmental conditions anymore. This may lead to:
- A drop in the efficacy of the skin’s defense mechanisms,
- A drop in the cells’ regenerative abilities during the night ,
- A drop in the skin’s ability to synthesize vitamin D (vitamin responsible for calcium reabsorption, involved in the hydration process via calcium chanels)
LES ATTENTES DES CONSOMMATEURS
- Resynchronize the skin to fit with your lifestyle
- To ensure an optimal defense against environmental aggressions during the day
- To optimize regeneration during the night
- Optimizing vitamin D production
During the day, skin cells mostly focus on protection (against UV, pollution, …), and during the night, they focus on regeneration and cell renewal.
In the case of a stress (fatigue, aging…), the expression of circadian genes such as CLOCK and PERIOD-1 (which are involved in keratinocyte, fibroblast, and melanocyte proliferation) are disynchronized and the skin become vulnerable.
Resynchronization of the skin
To resynchronize the expression of circadian genes ensures a good alternance in between the skin’s defensive and regenerative abilities.